Washington and Lafayette at Mount Vernon, 1784 by Rossiter and Mignot, 1859. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Washington_and_Lafayette_at_Mount_Vernon,_1784_by_Rossiter_and_Mignot,_1859.jpg
Annonce · www.gouvernement.fr/Information/Coronavirus
0 805 35 87 82
“Nous sommes en guerre, en guerre sanitaire….”
(We are at war, (fighting) a Sanitary War…).
French President Emmanuel MACRON Monday, March 16, 2020
*****RED ALERT : STAGE 3 IN FRANCE
Latest Update on the #CoronavirusCOVID19 epidemic:
From Paris, France:
03/20/20****RED ALERT: STAGE 3 in FRANCE. AS of 8 PM (Paris time), France has recorded 450 deaths and 12,612 cases of infected patients to date. As of today, 1,587 infected patients have recovered…
Italy: With 627 new deaths since yesterday, today marks the largest single-day toll anywhere in the world since the coronavirus outbreak began = 4,032 deaths to date. The Army has been called in. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/20/europe/italy-military-coronavirus-intl/index.html
03/19/20****RED ALERT: Stage 3 in France: As of 8 PM (Paris time), France has recorded 372 deaths and 10,995 cases of infected patients to date.
Italy: As of Thursday, March 19, 2020, Italy is in first place (China 2nd) worldwide with 3,405 deaths (with 427 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours) and 41,035 cases of infected patients.
As Europe, now the epicenter of the highly contagious virus worldwide, is recording 4,752 deaths and 100,470 cases of infected patients to date, its propagation speed throughout the continent is especially alarming…
03/18/20****RED ALERT: Stage 3 in France: As of 8 PM (Paris time), France has recorded 89 additional deaths (THIS MARKS THE HIGHEST INCREASE (IN ONE DAY) OF DECEASED + INFECTED PATIENTS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMIC IN FRANCE) bringing a total of 264 deaths and 9,130 cases of infected patients to date.
Italy: + 475 deaths in the last 24 hours (THIS MARKS THE HIGHEST INCREASE (IN ONE DAY) OF DECEASED PATIENTS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMIC IN ITALY) = 3,000 deaths to date.
03/17/20 *****RED ALERT: Stage 3 in France: As of 8 PM (Paris time), France has recorded 175 deaths (7% of the deceased are under 60-year-old) and 7,730 cases of infected patients. Anyone needing to leave his home to go to work. Go to the pharmacy and/or shop for groceries must do his shopping in his nearest neighborhood. Must carry with him/her at all times a daily certificate of travel downloadable via the French Ministry of the Interior (see link below). As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, a 135 € fine will be imposed on anyone traveling without the said mandatory document.
03/16/20 *****RED ALERT: Stage 3 in France: As of 8 PM (Paris time), France has recorded 148 deaths and 6,636 cases of infected patients.
AS OF TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2020 AT NOON and for a period of 15 days (to be extended if needed):
1) STAY HOME. STAY CALM. Go out ONLY for grocery shopping and/or trip to the pharmacies while always keeping a distance from the people in front/behind you (1 meter). WASH your hands frequently with soap.
2) AS A MUTUAL DECISION… w/ all members of the European Union, France is closing all her borders with neighbors. (Schengen territory).
3) IN THE NAME OF SOLIDARITY… All French citizens and anyone currently on French territory must strictly follow France’s latest health and social measures put in place by the French Government in order to contain/reduce the spread of the #coronavirus nationwide & worldwide. Failure to comply with these measures will be sanctioned.
LIFE SAVINGS GUIDELINES: AGAIN: STAY HOME. WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP FREQUENTLY. DON’T CALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER (15) UNLESS REALLY NECESSARY (CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN FOR HELP/DON’T GO TO HIS/HER OFFICE).
From Sacramento, California, U.S.A:
Links: California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) speaks to reporters about his state’s response to the virus that causes covid-19. Read more: https://wapo.st/2WeSq9u.
State Dept Covid-19 Advisory
US EMBASSY GUIDANCE REGARDING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Dear DA France Member,
The following summarizes several policy announcements in recent days from the US Embassy regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is shared with you at their behest. They recommend that US citizens register with them via the STEP program to receive updates.
Read here for advice from the CDC on sensible steps you can take to avoid illness.
Travel Advisory Level Three: Reconsider Travel
Current Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019
See here for the State Department’s update on the current state of COVID-19.
Travel Restrictions Between US and Europe (Schengen)
Travel to the US by non-US citizens is suspended if they have been in the Schengen territory within 14 days of their entry to the United States. US Citizens can continue to enter the United States regardless of where they have been. Legal permanent residents (green card holders), spouses and children of United States citizens and green card holders, and some other categories of persons, are also exempt from the travel ban.
U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and their immediate family members that have traveled to affected areas within 14 days of scheduled arrival in the US will be redirected to one of 13 US airports for enhanced entry screening. (See graphic.) If not symptomatic for coronavirus, they will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days. If symptomatic for coronavirus they will be referred to the CDC for medical evaluation.
- Check with airlines regarding any updated information about travel plans and/or restrictions.
- In France, dial 15 to seek medical advice if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks. Do not go directly to an emergency department, doctor’s office, or clinic.
- The official Government of France website (in French) for COVID-19 information is https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus.
For the latest information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website.
Travelers are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. The Department uses these Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
In an emergency, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate or call the following numbers: +1 (888) 407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or +1 (202) 501-4444 from other countries or jurisdictions.
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language French media at the following:
- France 24: http://www.france24.com/en/
- RFI: http://en.rfi.fr/france/
- The Local: http://www.thelocal.fr/
- U.S. Embassy Paris, France
+33 (1) 43 12 22 22
- U.S. Consulate General Marseille, France
+33 (1) 43 12 22 22
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- France Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Democrats Abroad France